Monday 6 February 2012

Food envy

I have to admit it, I am struggling. Yesterday, despite losing more weight, I had my first doubts about seeing this through to the end. I was hungry most of the day, despite having a delicious lunch of galettes, ham and two poached eggs – kind of eggs benedict sans benedict. Dinner was two pieces of cajun chicken with Dukan mayo and a yogurt, but I did go to bed feeling a bit peckish. Then this morning I saw Imogen eating peanut butter toast and almost jumped her for it. At lunch, I went up the staff canteen to heat my soup and was looking at what everyone else had on their plates. But not just looking, staring like a crazy lady. I'm have also developed a new taste for coffee. I used to just have the one latte when I got into the office. Now I'm having one at all sorts of strange times of the day. I think I'm enjoying the strong taste as everything else is quite bland, but also it seems to fill me up.

Anyway, after an encouraging chat with my colleagues, I've decided to continue, especially as I only have 5lbs to lose to reach my target weight, which should only take me just over two weeks. I think I need a few treats this week so have talked a friend into taking me for some sashimi one lunchtime. Hopefully I won't be disappointed by fish again.

1 comment: