Sunday 19 February 2012

Bruised but not broken

Things aren't going quite as planned in the land of Dukan. I had my usual weigh-in this morning and for the first time since starting this diet 7 weeks ago, I have lost nothing. Not one tiny ounce. To say I was gutted is an understatement, but the frustrating thing is, I don't really know why. I blame the glass of wine I had with Glenda, my Dukan buddy, on Friday night. It was my first taste of alcohol since January 1st and I must say it tasted good. But not that good that I had any more than one. No, I went on to Diet Coke and then COFFEE! Yes, coffee, in a pub. I can't believe that that one glass of vino would have thrown the whole diet off, especially as I have stuck to everything else religiously, even upping my gym/swimming sessions to six a week. I just don't get it. Anyway, I am at the weight that was recommended on the Dukan website, I just wanted to go a bit lower because I am slightly mental. And when I set myself a target I like to reach it, hence the disappointment.

So the next stage is called Consolidation where you can have 2 celebration meals a week (anything you fancy), eat a piece of fruit and 2 slices of bread a day but continue to have one protein-only day a week. What I'm planning on doing is to not have the fruit (because I don't like fruit much anyway), not have the bread (because I haven't missed it) and have protein and veg everyday bar one. I'm not sure about the celebration meals yet either. The way I'm feeling right now, I haven't got much to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment