Thursday 16 February 2012

Finishing line

I know it's not a good excuse, but I have been very busy over the last week or so...busy with work and busy watching Wales win the rugby! But I'm here now, and hopefully heading into the last week of this phase of my diet. I must admit, I have struggled over the past two weeks. I seem to hungry more and more and I'm really missing treat food, especially when I'm at home. Nothing beats an afternoon on the sofa drinking tea and eating cake. I've been drinking the tea, but eating...ham, or yogurt! In fact last week I was so keen to end this phase that I chucked in a couple of extra protein-only days just to get closer to my target weight. I'm not sure it made any difference though, as I lost the same amount of weight as I have done every week for the past month, and my daughters weren't in the least bit impressed by my chomping on bits of chicken while waiting for James Morrison to come on last Friday!

So, I've got just 3lbs left to lose which is great, but I am very worried about what I'm going to eat next. I feel like I've been so controlled and careful, it'll seem odd being able to eat fruit and bread and even have a glass of wine. And I haven't a clue what I'm going to have for breakfast. I love my gallets (sweet and savoury) so much I think I may carry on with them. It'll be another learning curve – me learning how to be balanced for a change.

Lucy was doing work experience this week and I met her for lunch on Wednesday. It was a protein-only day so I checked out the menu of the restaurant we were going to and I saw they served half a chicken. Perfect,  I thought. It was, although I did some strange looks from my fellow diners and then had to sit through Lucy eating waffles and ice cream for pudding. Very painful and I don't even like ice cream!

1 comment: