Wednesday 16 May 2012

From scrambled to creme









I know I've been extremely tardy with my blogs posts and I apologise for this. I have started writing my novel (nothing about dieting) and just haven't found the time. Anyway, the long and the short of it is the Dukan has been very good to me. So much so I have managed to lose just under 2 stone since January. Reaction has generally been very positive, although now I am getting comments like 'don't lose any more weight'. I'm not sure whether this is aimed at my general health and well being or due to other people's insecurity.

I don't want to weigh any less but am actually finding it hard to come off the diet – weird I know. I have had a couple of slip-ups. Easter was one. I bought three Creme Eggs and then my ex bought me an egg with chocs inside, which was a turn up as he never bought me one when we together. Anyway... I scoffed the chocolates on Easter Sunday and then the next day ate the entire egg in about half-an-hour and then tucked into the Creme Eggs! My kids were looking at me strangely – Lucy even commented that I didn't need to eat all of it in one go (I wonder where she'd heard that one!). But in fact I did. I needed to get it all out of my house! I didn't even enjoy them that much and felt very sick. That is the downside of the Dukan. It has ruined treats for me. I am now 'allowed' now eat a certain amount of carbs every day (I don't), some hard cheese (I don't) and a piece of fruit (again, I don't). I'm also allowed two celebration meals and some alcohol each week - I have had a few glasses of wine, but haven't really gone for it after vomiting after my birthday celebrations in March. This is obviously a good thing and much healthier, but as for the rest of it, I'm not really sure where to go next. Now I sound like I'm whining, but all is good and I won't hear anything bad said about Dr D.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo, nice to run across your blog. I understand where you're coming from. It is always hard for me to keep carbs under control so once I am rid of them it is almost easier to leave them be rather than attempt moderation. It's great to hear you're keeping the weight off and that it's possible!

    http://journalingmydukandiet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete